Monday, March 4, 2013

Eating Solids

At their 6 month checkup, we were told that the twins could begin eating solids. We weren't sure Reagan was ready, but Jax is getting so big and his bottles are just not cutting it anymore. We started with a little rice cereal, but the first couple times we tried to feed him, he was just not interested. Little man LOVES his bottle, so he wanted the same instant gratification and I was just not getting it to him fast enough. The other night, I thought I would give him something with a little more flavor, so we tried some bananas. He loved it! We even got Miss Reags in on the action, but she only took a few tastes of the bananas.

After a couple nights of bananas, I thought I would try a veggie, so I cooked up some butternut squash. It actually tasted great, so I thought it would be a big hit, but Jackson absolutely HATED it. I'm talking lips sealed tight, turned head, gagging! There was no way he was going to eat the squash, so I ended up making him some more bananas to get him to eat something. Since I had the butternut squash, I thought I would give Reagan a little to see if she showed anymore interest in eating. She LOVED it. She ended up eating ALL of the remaining squash. A girl after my own heart. Since then the twins have tried apples as well and it has quickly become one of their favorites. They are getting the hang of this next stage and growing up so fast!